I was sad to miss Affiliate Summit West 2011 in Las Vegas last week. Not only is Affiliate Summit the best affiliate convention of the year, it was also at one of my favorite hotels in the world – the Wynn Las Vegas. Since I’m branching out into things outside of poker I think it’s important to get ideas and make connections at conferences like these.
So, when I learned about Blogging Success Summit 2011 I decided to seize the opportunity. Not only do I have this blog, but I have several other blogs / websites I’ve been working on. While I have a pretty good idea of what makes blogs successful, I by no means profess to know everything. In fact, I’m sure I have much to learn.
Blogging Success Summit 2011 is an online, interactive, workshop that starts February 1 and runs through February 22. There are 14 sessions in all, each lasting about one hour. Since I signed up before January 20th, I qualified for their 50% off discount. That means each session works out to be about $21. Even if I only take away one useful tidbit of information it will be well worth it.
Since this is an online summit, each session will be recorded, so you can watch it anytime if you happen to miss one. The only thing you would miss out on is the ability to ask questions during the Q&A period. In addition, each session will be transcribed so you can read it later.
In addition to the 14 sessions in February, I got access to 18 bonus materials I will read over the next few days.
Here are a list of the 14 sessions:
- EVENT KEYNOTE: The State of the Blogosphere: What Businesses Need to Know
Instructor: Richard Jalichandra (CEO, Technorati)
- 20 Actionable Techniques to Enhance Your Blog’s Content
Instructor: Joe Pulizzi
- Leveraging Your Blog as a Social Media Hub
Instructor: Debbie Weil
- How Big Businesses Are Leveraging the Power of Blogs (Panel Discussion)
Panel: Christi McNeil (Southwest Airlines), Rick Wion (McDonald’s), David Germano (Procter & Gamble), and Rick Calvert (BlogWorld)
- Turbo-Boosting Your Blog Traffic With Facebook
Instructor: Mari Smith
- Transforming Your Small Business Blog Into a Lead Generation Machine
Instructor: Mike Volpe
- Becoming a Dominant Force With Video Blogging
Instructor: David Siteman Garland
- How to Grow More Subscribers and Generate Quality Leads With Blogs
Instructors: Rob Birgfeld & Kirsten Watson
- How Big Businesses Are Achieving Blogging Success (Panel Discussion)
Panel: Scott Monty (Ford), Deanna Govoni (Cisco), Sukhjit Ghag (Sony), and Rick Calvert (BlogWorld)
- 10 Timely Ways to Keep Your Business Blog on Track
Instructor: Denise Wakeman
- How to Improve Your Search Engine Rankings With Blogging
Instructor: Rich Brooks
- How to Create Compelling Blog Content That Brings People Back Again and Again
Panel: Brian Clark (Copyblogger), Darren Rowse (ProBlogger), Chris Garrett (ProBlogger), and Michael Stelzner (Social Media Examiner)
- Lifting the Fog of the Blog: 8 Strategic Questions Before You Write One Word
Instructor: Jay Baer
- How to Grow, Engage, and Retain Blog Readers
Instructor: Douglas Karr
If you plan on attending the Blogging Success Summit 2011 please let me know so we can compare notes afterward.